Web Marketing Therapy has been geeking out a lot lately building mobile websites for our clients. NOTE: I am not talking apps (like games, etc) but sites that work better on a mobile browser. More people are using their smart phones than ever before, so you may want to consider adding a mobile website to your marketing mix (and if you need our help going mobile, contact us!)
Here are some stats thanks to KISS Metrics!
• In August 2011 mobile browsing represented 7.1% of all worldwide browsing activity.
• Between 2/2009 and 8/2011, mobile browser share grew by 1000%.
• 25% (1 in 4) of mobile users expect to access the web from their device at least once a day.
• For online-only retailers, a mobile site can increase consumer engagement by as much as 85%.
• Website visitors are 51% more likely to do business with an online retailer if it has a mobile site.
• Mobile users are 88% more likely to do business with Auto Dealers if the website is optimized for mobile.
• In 2010 it was estimated that only 22% of the Alexa top 500 websites have optimized for mobile.
If you need some art therapy to continue your WEBucation, enjoy the infographic below!!
Source: The Growing Importance of Mobile Website Optimization Infographic