Google+ is growing and Business Pages for Google+ is following close behind. This Google+ Business page recap is worthy of reviewing to understand the benefits of this platform.
Before you jump to the review, check out this amazing Social Resolutions 2012 infographic from the official Google+ Business page. These are GREAT social media marketing tips that we recommend printing and putting up at the office.
- Keep your page fresh
- Post quality, not quantity
- Ask for interaction
- Hangout with your customers
- Post lots of images
Google+ Business Sharing Tips – Start real conversations with the right people
- A quick look at sharing on Google+ – Google+ Pages help you build deeper relationships with customers by sharing your thoughts, links, photos and promotions with the right people at the right times.
- Publish Posts – Once you have people on your page, how do you start talking to them? You can use your Stream to post relevant content, including photos and videos, and even engage your followers directly by asking questions that start discussions.
- Launch Hangouts – Hangouts let you set up one-click video conversations with customers and colleagues alike.
- Manage Circles – Different people are interested in different parts of your business. Google+ lets you easily share the right things with the right customers.
Google+ Business Promotion Tips – Social sharing. Google reach.
- Spread the word – There are lots of ways to promote your site and your Google+ page, from promoting it yourself with Google+ Direct Connect and the Google+ badge, to helping others recommend you with the +1 button.
- Google+ badge – Let people know you’re here by connecting your company website to your Google+ Page by adding the Google+ badge to your site.
- Google+ Direct Connect – A new feature called Direct Connect makes it easy — even automatic — for people to connect with you. Direct Connect lets people enter ‘+’ followed by the name of your page in Google search to get directly to your Google+ page. You can learn more about Direct Connect in our help center.
- +1 recommendations – People often turn to friends and family for help making decisions. Get the +1 button.
- Connect your +1’s – Help people see their friends’ recommendations, wherever they find you on the web by connecting +1s for your website, with +1s on your Google+ page and ads.
- +1 on search – A recommendation is good; a recommendation from a friend is even better. +1 annotations in Google search help surface these recommendations right when people need them most — when they’re searching for exactly that information.
- +1 button sharing to Google – Help your words get around by installing the +1 button on any of your web pages, so that when a visitor to that page clicks a +1 button, that specific content is shared on Google+, where people can discuss it with friends and reshare it with their own social networks.
- +1 on display ads – People tend to trust recommendations from people they already know. Adding the +1 button to your display ads lets you, for the first time, run social-enabled campaigns across millions of sites in more than 40 countries around the world.
Google+ Business Analytics Tips – Get in the know
- Understand your Google+ activity – Google’s measurement tools will soon make it easier to understand Google+ activity: what people are saying about your business, how many +1’s your business receives and how these affect your traffic.
- Google+ search – Search on Google+ can help you as much as it helps your customers. You can search keywords, names or anything else, and use your search results to understand better what people are saying about your brand.
- Ripples – Word travels fast online. Ripples let you see your posts spread across Google+, who’s sharing and resharing your content, and whose opinions matter.
- Social analytics – How do +1’s affect user behavior? Google Analytics suite of social reports make it easy to find out.
- Analytics on a Page – Data trumps guessing every time. In the coming weeks Google+ will be launching tools to give you access to as much data as possible about your Google+ Page and +1 activity.
- API integrations – Ready to start building for the Google+ platform? This first release of the Google+ API, which includes read access to public data and a hangouts API should be helpful.